110g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
100g soft light brown sugar
110g self raising flour
125g porridge oats
1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Soften the butter in a food mixer or a large bowl.
- Add the soft brown sugar and cater sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Next add in the water, egg and combine well.
- Using a wooden spoon mix in the flour, porridge oats, apples and coconut. This will form a mixture like dough.
- Take pieces of dough the size of walnuts and roll in your hands to make balls.
- Spread these apart on two papered baking sheets.
- Bake for 20mins. They should be light golden brown but still slightly soft to touch in the middle.
- Let them cool on the trays for a few minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack.
- Sit with a lovely cuppa, put your feet up and delight in what a wonderful domestic goddess you are.