100g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
100g light brown caster sugar
250g porridge oats
110g self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Cream the butter in an electric food mixer until soft. Add the sugars and beat until the mixture looks light and fluffy.
- While still beating, add in the egg, water and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon gently mix in the oats, flour, salt, cranberries ad raisins to form a stiff dough.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Take pieces of dough about the size of walnuts, roll them in your hands to form balls and place them on the baking trays, leaving a space between each to let them spread.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden brown but still slightly soft in the centre. If you like yours crunchy like my kids do, leave them in for the 25 mins or a little longer.
- Allow to cool on wire racks.