I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful Donna over at The Tulip House. I must say that I'm really touched that Donna thought enough of my little blog to nominate me. And what fun! The rules are that I have to answer 11 questions set by Donna, give 11 random facts about myself and also to nominate 9 more bloggers. What fun! I've been giving my answers some thought over the last couple of days, so wish me luck and here goes. Hope that you enjoy.
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I love to watch kids television. Finally I've admitted it! Now when I say kids tv I mean older kids tv and not baby cartoons. Dora The Explorer gives me nightmares! Plus I secretly love Barney Harwood. He's such a cutie!
- I love to collect umbrellas. If I see a nice one in a shop I simply have to buy it. I bought a long brolly with a beautiful twisted handle years before it was ever fashionable and I always have it with me. My friends named it the Mary Poppins brolly.
- My nickname at school was The Can Opener! Needless to say I begged my parents ceaselessly for braces to get my teeth straightened.
- Once when walking past a packed students union bar with some friends and feeling quite good about myself in my new (and quite sexy dress), my lacy hold-up stockings slipped down my legs and sat in wrinkles around my ankles. It was incredibly embarrassing.
- Even though my father was German, I cannot speak German. Shameful.
- I dropped out of an engineering course in university because the course was not creative enough for me. But yet for the next ten years I worked in engineering offices as a technical drafter. Go figure.
- My favourite night out would definitely have to be going for a meal in a fancy restaurant with the Hubbie or my friends. I love my food and the variety that is out there is astounding. There is nothing better than good food and great company, even if I'm bloated like a frog on the way home.
- When I was pregnant with my son I would eat about 20-25 large oranges a day. Nothing else appealed to me. Even at night I would wake up craving oranges and I'd have to get up to eat some. The mad thing is that my son hates oranges and has never eaten more than a segment of one.
- I adore going to stand up comedy shows. Laughter is the best medicine.
- Coming out of the toilet at work one day I stopped to fix my tights as nobody was around and just as I hiked up my skirt over my bum, I realised that the President of the company had walked out of the men's and was standing behind me. All I could do was laugh!
- Every pet I ever had was a rescue case. I'm too soft to see an animal unhappy or sick. I get very distressed and cry when we go to the local ISPCA. I just want to bring them all home.
Now onto Donna's questions;
1.Whats your favourite month of the year and why?
I love November. Winter is starting and the nip of frost is in the air in the mornings. The evenings are getting longer and the fire is keeping the house cosy. Also there is the excitement of Christmas without the stress that comes in December.
2.Whats your biggest indulgence?
It would have to be magazines. Both digital and paper. I love reading about other crafters and seeing the new patterns and designs that are coming into fashion. I also love to collect Vanity Fair and read the articles time and time again and so I tell myself that they are worth the money.
3.What made you start blogging and what keeps you blogging?
I started to blog because I have sick with fibromyalgia for the last few years and I just felt like I wanted to shout out to the world, " hi, I'm still here and I'm still the same person that I have always been". I keep blogging for two reasons. The first is that I find it quite therapeutic to type out my feelings at the end of the day, whether they are good , great or bad. And the second reason is that I feel like I'm leaving a little virtual diary for my kids to read when they are older.
4.Whats your favorite book /film?
My favourite film is a book too. I love Chocolat. Apart from the fact that Johnny Depp is in it, I love that the lead character is a strong woman who will not be bullied but yet is kind, loving and open with people.
5. If you were invisible for a day what would you do?
I would love to go around giving people wedgies just to see the look on their faces!
6.Whats your perfect holiday destination?
Anywhere in Italy. Good food, relaxed way of life and beautiful scenery. Complete heaven on earth.
7. What makes you laugh and why?
I don't have to think twice about this one. My kids make me laugh. The three of us are quite often laughing so hard that the tears run down our faces. My poor Hubbie doesn't quite have the same sense of humour and thinks we've gone mad at times.
8. If you had the chance to learn a new skill what would it be?7
9.Whats your favorite flower and why?
Forget-Me-Nots. I love them for their simplicity and wildness.
10. Have you got a favorite drink?
Orange juice. I drink gallons of the stuff.
11. Have you got a favorite fabric designer?
Without a doubt Amy Butler. Bright colourful fabrics with the most wonderful and versatile patterns.
The questions for my nominees are;
- Why did you decide to start your blog?
- What do you enjoy most about the bloggie world?
- If you could have a famous chef to cook you a meal, who would it be and what would be on the menu?
- Real paper books or digital?
- What was your most loved Christmas present as a child?
- What is your dream job?
- If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
- Have you a favourite song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
- What new hobby would you like to learn?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- Have you got a favourite colour?
My nominees are :
- Miss Beatrix
- Ginx Craft
- Playing in the Attic
- Mrs. Hopscotch
- Lazy Daisy Jones
- Plain Jane
- Raspberry Rainbow
- The Craft Nook
Phew, that took a while! If your still here with me, thanks for reading!
Chat to you all soon,
PS I'm beginning to go slightly mad without my yarn. But I must be strong!