Friday 21 September 2012

Coconut And Apple Oaties

We all love oaties here in this house and I think that they are a great source of fibre for the kids.  With this recipe I thought that I'd combine a couple of my favourite ingredients; coconut, cinnamon and apples. The apples are a little soft after baking. This may not be to everyone's taste and if you prefer you can always leave them out.  They will taste just a good. I hope that you like them as much as we do.  So here goes...

Ingredients:
110g butter, softened
100g caster sugar
100g soft light brown sugar
1 egg
2btsp water
1/2tsp cinnamon
110g self raising flour
125g porridge oats
125g coconut
1 granny smith apple, peeled and chopped into small pieces

Method:

  • Preheat the oven to 180°C.
  • Soften the butter in a food mixer or a large bowl. 
  • Add the soft brown sugar and cater sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
  • Next add in the water, egg and combine well.
  • Using a wooden spoon mix in the flour, porridge oats, apples and coconut.  This will form a mixture like dough.
  • Take pieces of dough the size of walnuts and roll in your hands to make balls.
  • Spread these apart on two papered baking sheets.
  • Bake for 20mins.  They should be light golden brown but still slightly soft to touch in the middle.
  • Let them cool on the trays for a few minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack.
  • Sit with a lovely cuppa, put your feet up and delight in what a wonderful domestic goddess you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore to see a comment popping up. If you have the time, please do leave a few words. I try my best to reply to all the comments that I get.
Rosie xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.