BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
1 Butternut squash
2 Clove of Garlic
1 1/2" of Ginger Grated
1 Big potato
2 Bay Leaves
A Good Pinch of Dried Thyme
1/2 tsp of Paprika
1Pt of Veg Stock
1 Pt of Water
1. Peel and cube all the vegetables.
2. In a little butter and oil sweat the veg slowly until caramelised and softened. This should take about 15 mins.
3. Add in the stock , herbs, paprika, ginger and garlic.
4. Cook for about 30 mins or until the vegetables are soft.
5. Puree the soup with a hand blender and serve with a nice slice of buttered brown bread or crusty rolls.