Thursday 3 May 2012

My Mums Best Nut And Chocolate Cake


This was a favourite of ours as we were growing up.  It was the cake that my mother made most regularly, apart from her delicious apple tart of course.  Oh I'm getting hungry already.  Must head to the kitchen and see what's in the pantry!

Nut and Chocolate Ring Recipe

150g butter, softened
250g sugar
3 large eggs or 4 medium eggs
300g self raising flour, or plain flour with 1tsp of baking powder
a pinch of salt
2-3 tbsp. of milk 
150g mixed nuts, roughly chopped
150g chocolate, roughly chopped


Method:
Place all the ingredients except nuts and chocolate into mixing bowl and beat with a handmixer for 2-3 mins until well blended. Fold nuts and chocolate into the mixture. Grease and flour a 25cm ring mould. Transfer the mixture to the tin.

Temperature:  160C
Time:  60 - 75 mins until a metal skewer comes out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore to see a comment popping up. If you have the time, please do leave a few words. I try my best to reply to all the comments that I get.
Rosie xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.