Potato and Leek Soup
- 3 Large Leeks
- 5 Medium Floury Potatoes
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Litre of Stock
- A Knob of Butter
- Cut away the dark green tops of the leeks as they are too tough, slice and wash the rest of the leeks leaving a little water on them.
- Peel and roughly dice the potatoes and onion.
- On a medium heat the knob of butter in the pot until it bubbles slightly, add in the vegetables and reduce the heat a little.
- Stir well and ensure that all the vegetables are covered in the butter.
- Cover the vegetables with a sheet of greaseproof paper and put the lid on the pot.
- On a low heat allow the veg to steam for 10-15 minutes or until the leeks have softened. This is very important, otherwise the leeks will stay stringy and won't release their full flavour.
- Remove the paper and add in the stock. I like to use a mixture of vegetable and chicken stock, just to give it a little depth of flavour.
- Replace the lid and allow to simmer on a medium heat for a further 10 mins.
- Whizz it up with a hand blender until smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Eat. Yum yum diddlyumsciuos.