Tuesday 8 May 2012

The Garden, Moe the Cat and Dog Poo



The Bank Holiday weekend saw us working very hard on the jungle that once was.  The improvement is immense.  I started to potter away at it but being such a weakling I was getting nowhere fast.  The Hubbie stepped in and with brute force and a lot of sweat he had it cleared in a few hours.  It was amazing to see the top layer come out like a layer of deep pile carpet.  Unfortunately the roots of more wicked weeds lay beneath which had to be cleared out also.  And if you have ever seen your hard work suffer from the abominable and loathsome Horsetail weed, then you will understand what I mean.



Our cat Moe was quite annoyed that we were digging in her toilet.  Now she has nowhere to hide her furry little bottom when she does her business.  She cried continuously and when I wasn't paying any attention to her she climbed onto my shoulders when I was bending down and proceeded to yell in her piercing cat tones directly in my ear. Even though I hate to make an animal unhappy, I would prefer to have my garden back and so she will just have to find a bush to hide behind.



The dog Molly prefers the open lawn where she poo's to her hearts content.  She's not at all shy and looks directly at you when she's messing up our grass, like a child proud of what she can do on the potty.
Believe me when I say that Molly's follies aren't always that easy to clear up. I know,  I learned this the hard way, when I was trying to discreetly fling a not too solid one over our hedge and into the field beside our house.  But instead of it taking to the air as expected, it slid right off the shovel and landed onto my freshly washed hair and down the back of my brand new, and now favourite, ladylike blouse.  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this.
The smell followed me for days after!!




1 comment:

  1. Great blog mrs. Nice to read your thoughts and what a story about the dog poo! I have only ever managed to get bird poo in my hair, dog poo must be an awful lot worse!!!!
    Nice to hear about the magnolia tree too, what a lovely idea!
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I adore to see a comment popping up. If you have the time, please do leave a few words. I try my best to reply to all the comments that I get.
Rosie xx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.